There will be a new little grocery store opening in Argenta soon, Inshallah. How now is soon?! I am getting impatient! I blame the weather. There will be (proper) coffee, a juice bar & a deli. Most of the food will be grown here in Arkansas. The owners have actually asked the neighborhood for input on what they should shelve and I put in my request for things like lemongrass, coconut milk, tomato paste in a tube, Greek yogurt & other items that I have to drive far to get. I think one of the things I'm most stoked about is having a place to go for coffee & loitering, looking important with a laptop or an issue of Harper's. (Although I'd have a Martha Stewart Living concealed inside it.) I hope there are baked goods, too.
I have the evening alone with no agenda. Mayhaps I'll review this new hot Thai chili mayo I just bought. I will definitely be making our favorite dish for supper. Maybe I'll do a little straightening around here, the carpet can stand a vacuuming.
Nah.
5 comments:
i love that you said "inshallah." i used to work for a palestinian man in seattle and he always said that. "god willing," is what it means, if i remember correctly.
I've been saying it ever since I've started reading Three Cups of Tea. I've heard that some soldiers (of all ranks) have started using it since their time in Pakistan or Afghanistan. Too, I like that it's a hopeful thing, like a wish.
yes, i always liked that word. my boss would also often say, "YELLA!!" which means, "HURRY UP!" ha.
We throw around "inshallah" at work all the time. And "alhemd'allah" (or something to that effect) after someone sneezes.
I pray for the strength to vacuum before y'all arrive.
martha stewart living. haha!
Post a Comment